2012年12月27日星期四

Xiamen: Gulangyu Islet

Located to the southwest of Xiamen Island, Gulangyu obtained its present name during the Ming time. There are two rocks piled up in the western corner of the islet. A vertical marine hole right in the middle of the rocks gives off a sound similar to that of a drum when surging waves dash on the rocks, hence its name Gulangyu (“Gu” means drum, “lang” means waves). Due to the historical reason, architectures of various styles have been well preserved and gathered here, therefore it enjoys the famous reputation of “an expo of world architecture”. In addition, Gulangyu is also “a home of music and pianists”.
Before we went there, I had done many preparations for this travel, the must-see featured stores, the must-taste snacks, the must-do things... I thought I would finish the islet thoroughly, but when I stood on the street with the map in my hand, I felt this islet couldn’t be explored only with the aid of a map.

So, we simply wander on the strange unknown islet, just follow our hearts. It spat light rain, and stopped now and then. Sometimes, I just folded the umbrella and let the rain land on me. Or I would stepped into a store and order a cup of hot tea, having a taste of the alluring smell, or we would go back to the hostel and sit on the balcony one by one, without talking, and just enjoy the empty world of our own. At this moment, I suddenly understand the appropriate interpretation to Gulangyu: Time is born to waste.

没有评论:

发表评论